Mumbai, capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra, is the dream city in reality. Popular for its film city charm and cosmopolitan outlook, the city is favorite to its native and visitors alike for its food. It’s like Mumbai and tasty treats go hand in hand. Aamchi(ours) Mumbai humbly opens doors to those mouthwatering delicacies which you simply can’t resist but try. Here we bring you some of the handpicked and amazingly delicious street foods you must try the next time you’re in Mumbai.
- Pav Bhaji–there are possibilities that you might not have tasted this wonder but surely have heard of it. It’s one of the most favorite items for all Mumbaikars and anyone visiting the place and therefore tops the list. There’s nothing more enticing or satisfying than having a bite of pav bhaji after a stroll in the city. Most of the street stalls exhibit pav bhaji majorly and are liked by all. Cannon Pav Phaji Stall outside Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus is the most popular stalls in Mumbai offering yummy pav bhaji. Another equally popular spot is Maruti Pav Bhaji in Vile Parle.
- Vada Pav– or wada pao whatever suits best is another popular Mumbai dish. It’s a vegetarian dish and is amazingly delicious. I want to be honest here that you won’t find the vada pao prepared in a high end restaurant tasty as compared to one in the streets. God knows what secret ingredients are added to flame up the taste. Go nowhere simply find Dheeraj Vada Pav opposite Mithibai College. I bet you can’t get enough of the tasty snack filled with butter and not to forget the green chutney.
- Falooda– a cold course popular in India and widely desired in Mumbai is a must try. After a day out in the sun and a lot of site seeing and shopping this is what you exactly need. This drink is surely going to refresh you with the rosy hue and basil seeds. There is more variety to this. Get yourself a glass at Badshah at Crawford Market and Baba Falooda in Mahim West.
- Bhelpuri– one of the most common and popular street food in Mumbai and is now found in almost all street stalls in India. This super tasty recipe starts your mouth water from the very moment it is being prepared till it reaches your mouth. You would find this lovely treat almost in every small stall in Mumbai. You’d experience a difference in the ingredients and perhaps taste since every maker has his own unique style and ingredients. You can taste them at any of the stalls outside Chowpatty.
- Sandwich– this common to everyone and everywhere but the Mumbai sandwich has something unique to it. Unlike any other restaurants where prepar