A similar concept like honeymoon, a babymoon is like a second honeymoon where an expecting couple tour places either overseas or enchanted local destinations before their new bundle of joy arrives. The main purpose of this new and beautiful concept is spending some time together where the couples try to relax shedding the stress and reliving the bond of togetherness and a mutual understanding of carrying a responsibility together. This concept has been popular in the West for some time now but is totally new in India and is really gaining popularity. However it isn’t a ritual that you got to follow anyhow but totally depends upon the health of the expecting mother. Here are top 10 babymoon destinations in India-
- Shimla:the Queen of Hills has a lot in store for you. The mountains and the clustered pine groves are just so soothing to the soul. If you love long walks, Shimla has beautiful woodland streets to let you explore nature or else you can lay back and enjoy sights in Mall Road. There are several hotels offering mountain view, even if you are not much in mood for a walk, simply rest in the hotel room and enjoy the view outside. You’d feel great!
- Kumarakom: what could be a better place than God’s own country? That’s right; Kumarakom is located in Kerala and is one of the best places in the country to be with nature. The Vembanad Lake in the backwaters of Kerala and the coconut trees surrounding the area is a pleasant site. Yes even solitude can be so much beautiful here. Take sojourn in nature and yes you simply cannot skip the house boats here, they are too alluring to reject.
- Andaman Islands: a great gateway to the soothing beach and seaside, Andaman is the place to be. Nested in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman Islands share the same waters with Thailand. So if you always wanted to go to the other side of the waters and couldn’t you can enjoy the same view and more of peace in this side of the waters. Sea walking would be a great activity for you to relax gazing at the limitless azure waters facing you.
- Goa: the fun capital of the country, Goa is the best laid back destination for babymoon in India. The place is accessible by air from all the major cities of the country. Try avoiding being avid to all tough water-sports and take calm walks by the beach instead. Book a beach resort to lay back and don’t forget to indulge in to some of the finest spa treatments to rejuvenate your senses.
- Assam: to enjoy nature at its raw form, you wouldn’t find anything better than Assam. With the mighty Brahmaputra flowing throw the state and the beautiful natural scenes and sounds your babymoon would be a memorable affair here. Guwahati (Dispur) which is the capital of the city is easily accessible from all major cities in India and a 3 hour travel from the capital; you can locate to Kaziranga National Park and witness the one horned rhinoceros and a lot of wonderful wildlife.
- Pondicherry: a perfect glimpse of the colonial era, Pondicherry is the largest Indian Union Territory. The unspoilt beaches, the azure sea, the grandeur lifestyle of the place and of course the toothsome French cuisine. A great place for you and your spouse to enjoy and shed down the stress and anxiety you might be experiencing and refresh before you welcome the beautiful gift. What could be better of an idea for a picture perfect babymoon?
- Srinagar: Rightly said, “heaven falls here”, the scenic mountains at the background, the beautifully oranted shikaras gracefully floating in the Dal Lake which most you must have experienced earlier in your honeymoon- make this experience worth treasuring for a lifetime. Go book a house boat!
- Jaipur: a royal destination is what comes to our minds when we think of Jaipur. The place with all its glorious mahals and forts turned into heritage properties offers great hospitality retreats. Because you are pregnant and because you deserve to be treated as royals, book yourself a beautiful room in one of the heritage hotels and experience 5-star treatments and feel like a queen!
The idea of babymoon is to relax and spend some quality time with your spouse. However, this can be done while you are in your home town too. Get away with your spouse to one of the local retreat if you find travelling troublesome at this stage. But for those planning for a babymoon outside your town, do consider the destinations listed out.