Ever wondered how it would feel to be a king? That would be an amazing more of unexplained experience. On a serious note, Indian Railways operates some worlds famous luxury trains where each moment spend on these trains will give you memories worth a millions. Here I share the top luxury trains in India-
- Palace on WheelsThe country’s first super luxury train “Palace on Wheels” harks back to its origin in the year 1982 on 26th Credited as the world’s 4th most luxury train, travelling on this royalty is no less than pure magic. It is the best royal train in India with salons named after the provinces of Rajasthan. Apart from its entire unique palace like interior, the train is equipped with facilities like TV, internet, bar, spa, music and two large restaurants named Maharaja and Maharani.October to March is high season with tickets ranging from 3 lakhs upto 5 lakhs.
The journey covers 8 to 13 days. The Destinations covered are Delhi, Jaipur, Udaipur, Swai Madhopur, Chittorgarh, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bharatpur, Agra and Delhi.
- The Golden ChariotAnother popular luxury train of the country, “The Golden Chariot” travels through the states of Goa and Karnataka visiting all the famous tourist spots. Named after the famous chariot of Hampi, this piece of royalty is coloured in purple and golden which itself gives a very pleasing feeling making the journey an experience for a life time.
Cost of tickets varies for national and international passengers. However for Indian passengers, the cost ranges from 1 lakh 82 thousand upto 3 lakh 36 thousand.
The journey covers 7 nights and 8 day. The Destinations covered are Bangalore, Hampi, Mysore, Belur, Goa, Chennai, Pondicherry,Madurai. The journey is divided into two distinct tracks of destinations.
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels Another princely haven on the list, the “Royal Rajasthan on Wheels” is equipped with all modern categories like deluxe and super deluxe saloons and modern amenities like Wi-Fi Internet, Satellite TV, music systems. Besides being the entire train air conditioned, each cabin is named after royal palaces. Adding to the luxury and royal ambience, there are two restaurant named Sheesh Mahal and Swarn Mahal. A royal spa has been added lately to this royal collection.
Cost of tickets ranges from 3 lakhs 78 thousands to 7 lakhs 56 thousand. Cost varies for international guests. The journey covers 8 days and 7 night’s tour to Rajasthan and Agra and covers same destinations like the “Palace on Wheels”.
- The Maharaja Expressthe most luxury train in the world, “The Maharaja Express” is owned by IRCTC. Voted for 5 years at a stretch for the “The World’s Leading Luxury Train”, The Maharaja Express is equipped with world class modern facilities such as Presidential suite, Deluxe Cabins, Junior Suites. The train has two large dining cars providing Indian traditional foods, Chinese, Continental and International cuisines.
Tickets for this royal express range from 15 lakhs to 85 lakhs. The journey covers 8 days and 7 nights covering Mumbai, Vadodara, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Delhi, Agra, Gwalior, Kota, Ranthambore, Delhi (to name a few)
- The Deccan Odysseya Maharashtra Government and Indian Railways initiative, this luxury train is based on the model of Palace on Wheels. Covering the heritage sites of Maharashtra and beaches of Goa. The train is equipped with luxury deluxe cabins, presidential suites. The saloons are equipped with all modern facilities like the other luxury trains including attached toilets to each cabins, carpeted walls, music, live TV, internet.
Tickets range from 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs. The journey covers 7 nights and 8 days. Destinations covered are Mumbai, Sindhudurg, Goa, Kolhapur, Daulatabad, Chandrapur, Nasik, Ajanta Caves, and Mumbai